Thursday, August 13, 2009

Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway


Forgive the short review, I read this months ago!

I recommend this book for: high school

Audrey lives for music, which is why it should be no suprise that her boyfriend is in a band. Then she dumps him, which shouldn't have been a big deal - except that he writes a song about it that propels his band to stardom, and Audrey is launched into the spotlight right along with them. Reporters call her house, photographers find her at school, and the ice cream parlor where she works is suddenly much more popular. Audrey is mortified and angry, but there are perks -like getting invited backstage at concerts and becoming a fashion trendsetter. There are also a lot of annoyances, like being misquoted, feeling like she's losing her best friend, and not being able to go on a date with a new guy without becoming the subject of national interest and hatred.

This is a fun fun fun book about music, getting famous, making a lot of bad decisions and a few really good ones.



Concerned about mature content? Start highlighting here: There is a lot of cursing in this one. Sex is discussed, but all that happens "on-camera" is some intense making out backstage at a concert. Teens and rockstars party with alcohol and drugs. End of invisible print.

2 comments:

Bloom Family said...

I haven't read a book for ... fun, I guess you could say in sooo long. Seriously, I can't remember. Through college, the only books I had time to read where textbooks. I think I will try to pick one off your review list to take a stab at it.

Aurora said...

Hey, I just thought I'd drop a line and say, "Good Job."

My book review sight has petered out over the past couple of months and I saw how much you update yours and was inspired. ;)

Really nice reviews too.