Monday, September 15, 2008

Not a book review: Wanna join a club?

So I was talking to some church girls yesterday about our love for Jane Austen and need for a book club. The wheels were already turning in my head, so here's my idea: Let's have a book club! We could do it online - I'd be willing to set up a blog to host it - or, schedule permitting, in person, or maybe some combination of the two - maybe with a discussion of a new book every month, and a "real" meeting every other, or something like that. I'm putting out the call here because I know that some of the avid readers in the ward check in now and then. So, ladies, what do you think? We need not limit ourselves to Jane Austen - we could do other classics, or books that make teenage girls swoon, or books by women, or no theme at all. Please leave a comment if you're interested, with some details about what you'd like to do. (Also, if you have a family blog, would you be so kind as to spread the word? Your readership in the ward is probably much higher than mine!) I'm looking forward to some kind of adventure!

2 comments:

The Bradley's said...

I love the idea of a book club. I'm going to put it up on my blog. I don't know who reads it but maybe someone will. :) I'm happy to read pretty much anything. Just let me know!

The Baldwin Brigade said...

Yippee! And this means that I'd get to come in a few months! We've had a great book club here and it's one thing on my "what I'll miss" list, but not anymore! Hooray for Krystel!