Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Invisible Small Print!

I'm the kind of person who really hates spoilers, and I hate thinking that a book might be ruined for someone by something I put out there. However, I also want to keep presenting "the small print" - details about content that parents and others who recommend books to children and teens may want to be aware of before putting it into someone's hands - which often does give away plot details. So now I'm going to experiment and continue to do the small print, but I'll be using white font instead of small print. That way, if you want the full disclosure, you can highlight the bottom of the post (I'll always label the beginning and end of it with visible text), but if you aren't as concerned about mature content or want to keep yourself in the dark about the plot, you don't have to try very hard to not read the bottom of the post. I'd love any comments readers might have about how this works out - I modified my review of Crushed (below), so you can let me know what you think!

2 comments:

The Bradley's said...

It's perfect! There's no way to see it unless you want to. What a great idea!

Sjauna said...

That's such a great idea! It's like a secret message. I love it! Maybe make the "end of invisible text" a link to this post, so people can be sure to figure it out in future posts. Or maybe I'm the only one that would need that...