Friday, July 27, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

I recommend this book for: middle and high school

Okay, so I don't want to be one of those obnoxious bloggers who spills all of the details, but . . . wow. The book was not quite what I was expecting (most of my predictions were completely wrong, alas!), but I found it deeply satisfying. The only real complaint I have is that there are so many wonderful characters who are left with no real closure, although I understand that Rowling had to do it that way so the last chapter didn't feel like the end of a corny war movie:

"Rufus Scrimgeour realized the error of his ways and committed the rest of his life to serving Harry's needs as his butler. . . Luna Lovegood lived to the age of 203 and married 7 times . . . The Order of the Phoenix was disbanded due to the fact that Voldemort decided he'd rather pursue a career in film than try to take over the world . . ." Still, I'm excited for the encyclopedia it's rumored that Rowling will be working on to tie up those loose ends.
Do I really have to post professional reviews? You can't make me!

No comments: